Pupils begin the programme in the Spring term of Nursery, then the programme is taught in small groups with:
- All pupils in Year R and Year 1
- Any pupils in Years 2, 3 and 4 who are learning to read.
We assess and group pupils according to their progress in reading. In their groups, pupils:
- learn to read and write sounds
- read and spell words containing the sounds they have learnt
- read common exception words speedily
- read fiction and non-fiction books which closely match their phonic knowledge
- write about what they have read
- practise letter formation and handwriting.
For further information about Read Write Inc. Phonics and how you can support your child, please click here: http://www.ruthmiskin.com/en/parents/